- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- How you can access your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- Cookies and other technologies
- How we protect your information
- External links
- Transborder dataflows
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. Thisincludes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including but not limited toyour first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses. We may also requestinformation about your hotel room preferences.You can choose not to provide all requestedinformation to us, but some information about you is required in order for you to book accommodation. If you do not provide all or part of the requested information, you may not be able to complete certain activities through the website.
Travel Companion Information
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you use this website. For example, we will collect your IP address, web browser software and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed and bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customise your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
How we use your information
With whom we share your information
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers,such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. We do not place limitations on our suppliers’ use or disclosure of your personal information. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any travel supplier whose products you purchase through this website. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. Therefore, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any such business partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to our website from another website (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websitesâ€™ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
- Government and Law Enforcement Agencies. We may be required to disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs and immigration purposes. For example, under U.S. Law, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Bureau of Customs and Border Protection requires that certain travel and reservation information relating to people travelling to or via the U.S.A, known as Passenger Name Record or PNR data, be provided to it prior to arrival in, or departure from, the U.S.A.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regardingillegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- As otherwise permitted by law.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
By providing your personal information to us, you authorise us to disclose your personal information as described above.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
How you can access your information
We are concerned about the accuracy, currency and completeness of the information we collect and take appropriate steps to ensure that the information we have is accurate and up-to-date. In addition to the options provided to you in this policy, if you wish to review, amend, correct, update or delete personal information we have collected about you online, contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your access request within 30 days. We reserve the right not to allow access to your information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book accommodation or to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
- When you use this website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about special offers. You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such email we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your transactions on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Cookies and other technologies
Our site also uses “cookies” (small data files stored on your computer) and other tracking technologies to collect information about your visit to our site. The cookies and tracking technologies we use do not capture personal information. The information that is captured about your visit may be used in a variety of ways, such as to monitor and maintain information about your visits to our site, to help us identify and address problems, to improve our site, to analyse web traffic trends and to help protect the security and integrity of our site. You may set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you receive cookies, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept cookies. If you do not accept cookies, you may still use our site, but your experience may be degraded.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website to make accommodation arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While we cannot guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information we collect about you. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
We may store and process your personal information using sources provided by a third provider (including providers outside the country in which you are based) and so your personal information may be held outside your country.